The Healthy Breast Program is an intensive twelve-part learning program designed to educate individuals in strategies to prevent breast cancer and to assist recovery from the disease using natural therapies in conjunction with conventional diagnostic and treatment options. The twelve parts of the program include:
- Introduction to the Healthy Breast Program
- Getting to Know Your Breasts
- Improving Lymphatic Circulation
- Understanding the Hormone Puzzle
- Healing the Earth, Healing Ourselves
- Dietary Guidelines for Breast Health
- Nutritional Strategies for Breast Health
- Detoxification Strategies for Whole Body Health
- Empowering Your Immune System
- Reclaiming Your Gifts and Igniting Your Passion and Purpose
- Living with Gratitude, Meaning and Prayer
- Living as a Radiant Woman
To address different needs and levels of expertise we have developed three streams of learning:
1) the Healthy Breast Foundations Program, which covers the basics of the 12 modules and is accessible to everyone;
2) the Healthy Breast Practitioner's Program, which provides more detailed information on treatment strategies - this program is designed for health care practitioners such as MDs, NDs, DCs, nutritionists, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, osteopaths, herbalists;
3) the Healthy Breast Yoga Program, accessible to all but also designed as a training program for KRI certified Kundalini Yoga teachers to teach and educate women about breast health.
The Healthy Breast Program is designed for the following participants:
- individuals interested in breast cancer prevention for themselves or family members
- women (or men) recently diagnosed with breast cancer
- women (or men) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer in the past and want to do everything they can to stay healthy
- licensed health care professionals including MDs, NDs, nutritional consultants, dentists, chiropractors, homeopaths, acupuncturists, aromatherapists and massage therapists who want to familiarize themselves with valuable information for their patients and clients
- licensed health care professionals who want to become certified Healthy Breast Program Educators in order to teach the Healthy Breast Program.
- Kundalini Yoga teachers who want to become certified Healthy Breast Yoga Practitioners and share the program with others
Conditions for certification as a Healthy Breast Educator includes:
- Attend all modules of the specific Healthy Breast Program you register for or watch the webinar series of Sat Dharam teaching the program.
- Read the manual of notes.
- Complete and submit the assigned homework within six months of completing the program.
- Submission of a 1-3 hour videotape of oneself teaching one module of the Healthy Breast Program, with a $100 review fee for this as well as the homework.
- You are required to teach the Healthy Breast Foundations program at least once yearly to remain certified.
- Attend an annual one day online or in-person refresher course in the Healthy Breast Program to keep updated with new information.
- An annual licensing fee of $40 to remain certified and have your contact information and course dates listed on this website.
When/if you become certified your name will be listed on this website as a certified Healthy Breast Educator. The Healthy Breast Foundation Program is available in several formats:
- you can attend a weekend course with Sat Dharam Kaur ND or Julie Groulx RMT in person, receive a binder of notes and choose to apply for certification or not
- you can sign up for the Healthy Breast Foundations Webinar series - see below.
The Healthy Breast Foundations Webinar Series
You can begin the Healthy Breast Webinar series anytime without group facilitation.
The next supported webinar versions of the 12 week Healthy Breast Foundations Program will be held on Fridays from 9:30-10:45 a.m. EST Sept. 5-Nov 21, 2014. The course is also available as a self-study program you can do at your own pace, without an online facilitator. Please let us know if you are interested in either of these by calling 519 372-9212 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.