The Healthy Breast Program is an intensive twelve-part learning program designed to educate individuals in strategies to prevent breast cancer and to assist recovery from the disease using natural therapies in conjunction with conventional allopathic diagnostic and treatment options. The twelve parts of the program include:
- Introduction to the Healthy Breast Program
- Getting to Know Your Breasts
- Improving Lymphatic Circulation
- Understanding the Hormone Puzzle
- Healing the Earth, Healing Ourselves
- Dietary Guidelines for Breast Health
- Nutritional Strategies for Breast Health
- Detoxification Strategies for Whole Body Health
- Empowering Your Immune System
- Reclaiming Your Gifts and Igniting Your Passion and Purpose
- Living with Gratitude, Meaning and Prayer
- Living as a Radiant Woman
To address different needs and levels of expertise we have developed three streams of learning: 1) the Healthy Breast Foundations Program, which covers the basics of the 12 modules and is accessible to everyone; 2) the Healthy Breast Practitioner's Program, which provides more detailed information on treatment strategies - this program is designed for health care practitioners such as MDs, NDs, DCs, nutritionists, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, osteopaths, herbalists; 3) the Healthy Breast Yoga Program, accessible to all but also designed as a training program for KRI certified Kundalini Yoga teachers to teach and educate women about breast health.
The Healthy Breast Program is designed for the following participants:
- individuals interested in breast cancer prevention for themselves or family members
- women (or men) recently diagnosed with breast cancer
- women (or men) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer in the past and want to do everything they can to stay healthy
- licensed health care professionals including MDs, NDs, nutritional consultants, dentists, chiropractors, homeopaths, acupuncturists, aromatherapists and massage therapists who want to familiarize themselves with valuable information for their patients and clients
- licensed health care professionals who want to become certified Healthy Breast Program Educators in order to teach the Healthy Breast Program.
- Kundalini Yoga teachers who want to become certified Healthy Breast Yoga Practitioners and share the program with others
Conditions for certification include:
- Attend all modules of the specific Healthy Breast Program you register for or watch the webinar series of Sat Dharam teaching the program.
- Read the manual of notes.
- Complete the assigned homework.
- Complete the exam for each of the twelve learning modules with a mark greater than 80% and demonstrate a keen grasp of the material.
- Attend an annual one day online or in-person refresher course in the Healthy Breast Program to keep updated with new information.
- Submission of a videotape of oneself teaching some aspect of the Healthy Breast Program.
- You are required to teach the HBP program at least once yearly to remain certified.
- Annual licensing fee of $40 to remain certified and have your contact information and course dates listed on this website.
When/if you become certified your name will be listed on the Healthy Breast Website as a certified Healthy Breast Educator. The Healthy Breast Program is available in several formats:
- you can attend a weekend course with Sat Dharam Kaur ND in person, receive a binder of notes and choose to apply for certification or not
- you can sign up for the Healthy Breast Webinar series, currently under development.
A webinar version of the Healthy Breast Program is currently being developed, and is tentatively scheduled to begin September 2013. If you are interested in taking this program, please sign up for our mailing list and we will notify you when the first module is available. Webinars will begin soon - please let us know if you are interested.