To educate women globally in the prevention of breast cancer and its recurrence
All women actively protect the health of their breasts to decrease the personal and global impact of breast cancer
The Healthy Breast Program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur, N.D., as first described in her books, A Call to Women: The Healthy Breast Program and Workbook, published in 2000; and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, published in 2003. Sat Dharam has been educating women in aspects of the Healthy Breast Program since she graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine 1989, and now teaches the program internationally. She also as trains others to teach the program.
What is the Healthy Breast Program?
The Healthy Breast Program is an intensive twelve-part learning program designed to educate women and girls in strategies to prevent breast cancer and to assist recovery from the disease using natural therapies in conjunction with conventional diagnostic and treatment options. The Healthy Breast Program encompasses lifestyle, diet, nutritional therapies, breathing practices, kundalini yoga, meditation, exercise and psychospiritual work.
The Healthy Breast Program is comprised of three learning streams, each consisting of 12 modules: 1) the Healthy Breast Foundations program; 2) the Healthy Breast Yoga Program and; 3) the Healthy Breast Practitioner Program.
The Healthy Breast Foundations Program
The twelve modules of the Healthy Breast Foundations Program are:
- Introduction to the Healthy Breast Program
- Getting to Know Your Breasts
- Improving Lymphatic Circulation
- Understanding the Hormone Puzzle
- Healing the Earth, Healing Ourselves
- Dietary Guidelines for Breast Health
- Nutritional Strategies for Breast Health
- Detoxification Strategies for Whole Body Health
- Empowering Your Immune System
- Reclaiming Your Gifts and Igniting Your Passion and Purpose
- Living with Gratitude, Meaning and Prayer
- Living as a Radiant Woman
The Healthy Breast Foundations Program is accessible to everyone and is recommended as the pre-requisite for the Healthy Breast Practitioner Program and the Healthy Breast Yoga Program.
The Healthy Breast Foundations Program is available in three formats:
- A weekend or retreat course with Sat Dharam Kaur ND or Julie Groulx RMT in person, including the Healthy Breast Foundations manual.
- The online Healthy Breast Foundations Webinar 12 week series, which includes notes for each of the modules, a recorded webinar with Sat Dharam Kaur ND, a recorded video of a meditation and/or yoga set for each of the modules, and an hour long facilitated group discussion via Skype.
- A self-study program utilizing the online Healthy Breast Foundations Webinar series, without group facilitation.
The Healthy Breast Yoga Program, is accessible to all but is also designed as a training program for KRI certified Kundalini Yoga teachers to teach and educate women about breast health using a 12 module yoga series.
The Healthy Breast Practitioner Program, provides more detailed information on treatment strategies and is designed for health care practitioners such as MDs, NDs, DCs, nutritionists, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, osteopaths and herbalists.
We teach the Healthy Breast Practitioner Program annually at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto to licensed health care practitioners to help standardize an effective naturopathic program in breast cancer prevention. We share current research and best practices.