10 Priorities to Staying a Thriver
- Spend at least an hour a week in the sauna to eliminate environmental chemicals and toxic metals stored in your fat cells. Carry out a 150 hour sauna detox (follow the sauna guidelines) at your own pace to eliminate approximately 90% of your total lifetime body burden.
- Exercise at least 40 minutes each day or 4 hours a week, outside of your normal activities (walk, jog, swim, dance, cycle, rebound, use an elliptical machine etc.)
- Sleep in a dark room, with no light from the street coming into your bedroom (get new blinds - not PVC - or wear an eye mask at night). Use a night light in the washroom. To keep melatonin levels high, avoid turning on a bright light at night.
- Switch to using non-toxic cleaning products, like baking soda and vinegar to clean your sinks, toilets, fridge, stove, floors and counters. Avoid cleaning products with chlorine. Chlorine combines with carbon in your body to act like estrogen.
- Avoid cosmetics, nail polish, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreens etc. containing parabens (methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl paraben), phthalates or PABA. Read labels and choose brands that are paraben and phthalate-free. Both of these chemicals act like estrogen. See www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
- Drink water and keep any leftover food stored in the fridge in glass, ceramic or stainless steel rather than plastic. The plastic leaches bisphenol A which acts like the hormone estrogen. Look for fabulous Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottles.
- Adopt a vegan diet. This means no meat, fish, eggs or dairy. Your protein sources will be legumes (lentils, chick peas, split peas, mung beans etc.), tofu, nuts and seeds.
- Add 2 tbsp. of freshly ground flaxseeds daily to your cereal, juice, fruit smoothie, salad or bean dishes. (Use an electric coffee grinder to grind them. Eat them within 15 minutes after grinding).
- Eat 2 tsp. of turmeric daily added to your food or take 1000 mg of curcumin in capsule form daily.
- Spend 15-30 minutes outside exposing your arms and legs to sunlight every day or take 2000-5000 IU of vitamin D3 daily.